This call for proposals supports researchers in the social sciences who expect to benefit from the application or development of digital technologies and research software, but who need additional expertise in applying these methods.
What can be applied for?
A project may request an in-kind budget of 3 person months (PMs). The project duration will be between 3 and 6 months. The method of working is collaborative. Research teams include both applicants and RSEs. The RSEs will offer advice and support during the duration of the project to help achieve the desired results. This includes:
- initial brainstorming on suitable technologies,
- advice on designing experiments and formulating research questions,
- technical implementation and testing,
- help with interpreting the results,
- contribution to the digital methodology component in a research paper.
Each project envisages the following deliverables (potentially after finishing the project):
- publication of a research paper and
- a blog post or white paper and
- software or code release.
Both RSEs and research team members should be available for the submission/review process of the research paper after completion of the project itself. Both RSEs and research team members should be mentioned as co- authors of each of the three deliverables.
The deadline for the proposal is 6 September 2022, 14:00 CEST. The Management Board of ODISSEI and the Directors team of the eScience Center jointly take a final decision (expected mid-October).
More information about this call can be found on this website: https://www.esciencecenter.nl/calls-for-proposals/open-odissei-escience-call-2022/