Research and Innovation
With Research and Innovation department, DANS focuses on the support and innovation of DANS services. It focuses on making digital information available in a sustainable form during the different phases of the research cycle. Research and Innovation collaborates on different research projects with other parties. DANS’s objective is to annually produce ten peer reviewed publications from 2015 onwards. You can find the publications on Mendeley. You can also read the multi-annual research programme (pdf).
DANS invites visiting fellows to share their knowledge on data management and archiving, and sees it as part of its task to share the newly acquired knowledge with others, for instance by organising workshops. All activities contribute to the further design of the Dutch research data landscape. DANS visiting fellows include:
- Dr. Katy Börner
- Dr. Andrew Treloar
- Dr. Herbert van de Sompel
- Dr. Christine L. Borgman
- Dr. Richard P. Smiraglia
DANS colloquium on Research and Data
- 1 september 2016: CEDAR and 4 years of Historical Census Data on the Web
- 20 oktober 2015: Launch of Research Data Journal, a new online magazine for research data
- 8 september 2015: Florian Thalhofer: Make the story lie less, by creating flexible films
- 17 juni 2015: Christine Borgman: Big Data, Little Data, No Data
- 19 mei 2015: Herbert van de Sompel: Results from the Hiberlink project
- 7 april 2015: What can you do with Open Access Hebrew Data?